Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Because of Low (Sea Breeze #2) by Abbi Glines



Because of Low (Sea Breeze #2) by Abbi Glines

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 

Four/five stars

Abbi Glines has done it again. She has written a perfect novel full of drama, romance, passion and realistic characters. I enjoyed this book, but not as much as Breathe or The Vincent Boys. But, boy oh boy, Miss Glines really knows how to write a steamy book!

Marcus has just moved back to Sea Breeze because of family issues. He thought he was going to have a hard time returning because of the girl he lost his heart to, Sadie. His friend finds out about his difficulty and sets him up at a Cage’s house. So when a beautiful red head, natural, curvy girl, who doesn’t look anything like Cage’s usuals, shows up at their door, he is stunned; especially when Cage tells Marcus Low is the girl he is going to marry. Because of this, Cage warned Marcus away from Low, and told Low that Marcus was too good for them; he was rich and grew up in the good part of town. Eventually, Low and Marcus figure things out for themselves, and ignore Cage, because, well, they are perfect for each other. But, when family issues in both of their lives threaten to tear them apart, what will happen?

I really enjoyed this book! A lot more than I thought I would. At first, I didn’t really want to read it because I just wanted to stay in Sadie and Jax’s world! I am so glad I read it though. It wasn’t as good as Breathe, but it was a close second.

Marcus’s character surprised me at first. I’m not really sure why. I didn’t think he was like how he was portrayed in Because of Low. He seemed a lot younger and nicer in Breathe. Low really had him going crazy though! He knew what he wanted, and he was going to get it. I loved Low! She was so down to earth and realistic. She has family issues and no money. She was sensible, and knew what she was going to do in life. I think she made the right decisions about Marcus. Cage was a pretty good character as well. He was very protective of Low, though. It’s nice of him, but Low is a big girl now and she can make her own decisions and look after herself. I hated Tawny; she was just awful and ungrateful. I think her daughter Larissa should’ve been given to Low. Larissa was so cute! She was caught up in so much family drama but she had no idea; she was so young and innocent. Marcus’s sister, Amanda was alright. She wasn’t a big part of the story, but she was there a bit. She kind of annoyed me. She just came across as the rich kid who knew it. Marcus’s dad was an idiot. So was his mum. If I was his mum and I had to put up with his dad, I would die. In fact, I wouldn’t put up with it. He was a selfish prick who needed to get his head out of his ass and see what he was really doing to his family. It was nice that Abbi Glines included a bit of Sadie and Jax into the story. They both had such a big impact on Marcus’s life that it felt right to have them in the story, if only for a bit. It also gave Marcus closure, I think. It made him feel better knowing that he could look at Sadie and not feel the ache in this chest. He knew that his feelings for Sadie were completely over and that Low was the one.

Because of Low wasn’t my favourite Abbi Glines book, but I still enjoyed it. I loved the characters and the story line. I can’t wait for Abbi’s new book, While It Lasts. Finally Cage gets his chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment