Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Switched (Trylle Trilogy #1) by Amanda Hocking



Switched by Amanda Hocking
★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 
Three/five stars
Definitely missing something!
Too much information to take in about the Tyrlle and it was confusing. 

I didn’t hate Switched, but I didn’t love it. It was ok. 
After reading it I didn’t really understand the hype? I only bought this book because the cover was cute and it was EVERYWHERE. Every shop that sold books had a million copies of Switched. After buying the book, a few days later, I saw it FREE in Dolly Magazine. FREE. And I paid $12 [First world problems HA] for this book that really wasn’t that amazing!!! 

Okay, one thing I didn’t realise (THAT I REALLY WISH I KNEW), was that…this books is about….TROLLS. Yes, those ugly green things with vertical fluoro coloured hair! But in Switched, trolls were nothing like the image I had! They were beautiful creatures who don’t like shoes (maybe my friend Georgie is a troll?) and have crazy, out-of-control hair (Maybe I am secretly a troll?!?!).

In the beginning it all happened too fast. Like one moment Wendy was in class, totally creeped out by Finn, the total weirdo, next moment, it was all insta-love. Bleh. 

So, Wendy made a split decision and left her ‘family’ for Finn…who she can’t actually be in a relationship – it’s against the rules or some shit. 

Halfway through the book, I realised that it was VERY similar to Wings byAprilynne Pike! I swear I was reading a twisted version of Wings!!!

All in all, this book had too much in it, but was missing something. I didn’t really like Wendy very much and Finn could be a dick at times. 

I will buy the next book, Torn, either at Big W were it’ll be cheap, or wait until the library has it. Although, if I can’t find it, I won’t go out of my way to get it!
Note: I bought Torn, and I got halfway through before ditching it. Another waste of money -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment