Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han



The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ 
Three/five stars
The Summer I Turned Pretty had potential. It had a good story line and good characters, but I just couldn’t get into it. It was a quick and easy read and I enjoyed it. It had me laughing and a little bit upset at the end.
Belly’s life is measured in summers. She lives for summers, for when she can go to the house at Cousins beach, for when she can finally see Conrad and Jeremiah and Susannah. But this summer things are different. Belly is fifteen, almost sixteen, practically an adult. She doesn’t want to be thought of as one of the boys, she wants the boys to look at her like the beautiful woman she is. But, unfortunately for Belly, her boy, Conrad, is grown up and still thinks of her as one of the kids. And when boys are looking at her, but not the one she wants, what will Belly do? Then, things get even worse, with a fight and some shocking news. Is this the last summer they will all be together?
So, this was a nice book and I liked it, but it was lacking. I thought it was going to be so good, but it really wasn’t. Belly was kinda immature and annoying, and Conrad was the biggest dickhead. I didn’t understand the relationship between Cam Cameron and Belly, it was stupid, I’m pretty sure she only did it to make Conrad jealous, ‘cause that totally did not work. I loved Jeremiah! He was such a cutie and a softie. And Susannah was pretty cool too. They were the best parts of the books. Belly’s mum seemed like a bit of a pain in the ass, as well.
I wish I liked this book more! I will probably finish the series though, because I need to know how everything ends!! I hope Conrad lightens up a little bit and Belly ends up with Jeremiah, because that would be cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment