Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dark Heart Forever (Dark Hear #1) by Lee Monroe



Dark Heart Forever by Lee Monroe

★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Three and a half/five stars

This was a really intriguing and different book. It had paranormal aspects but the whole story had more than just a love triangle and some crazy werewolves/vampires/angels/witches. I didn’t love this book, but I didn’t hate it. In some parts in was confusing, and it felt like it took me a little while to read, but I still enjoyed it.

Jane Jonas does not lead a normal life. She is home-schooled by her mother because she was bullied at school for being different, for not looking like the other girls. Jane also experiences vivid dreams, sometimes causing scary sleep-walking. Jane is starting to worry as her mother’s concern increases. When the boy from her dreams finally visits Jane when she is awake, what will happen? Will it be love at first sight? Are they really meant to be together? But is it too late? Has Jane’s heart already been captured by the beautiful and mysterious, Australian runaway, Evan?

At first, I was totally sceptical about this book. I mean, love triangle, one a werewolf, one mysterious? Hasn’t that already been done? Right, anyway. I was rooting for Evan right from the word go! He’s beautiful and Australian! I know how yummy Aussie boys are, trust me. I happen to be Australian too, so yeah, go Evan! But then, we were introduced to Luca; the strange boy, the one she feels as if she already knows. I was a bit unsure of him at first, because, well in Twilight he was the one that got second best. Around the middle part of the book, Evan started acting weird. This was when I totally fell head over heels in love with Luca and his world. He was such a sweetheart. Yes, his world was dangerous and yes, Jane shouldn’t have visited and yes, it was just as dangerous for Luca, but pfft, who cares! Everything would totally work out in the end, right? So yeah, in the end I went for Luca and his good looks and lifestyle, instead of Evan’s creepiness.

The characters in this book were good! At first, Anna, Jane’s mother was a bit of a tight ass and a little weird, but in the end she turned out to be pretty damn awesome! I also loved Jane’s little sister, Dot. It’s probably just the name, because I had a Granny Old Dot, but this character Dot was pretty cute! Dot and Jane had a good strong bond, the kind that only parents dream of their kids having! And even though she was only featured in the book for tiny periods of time, I like Eileen! She seemed pretty cool. Like, a long lost aunt, or something. She seemed to have a motherly instinct for all of the kids that hung around her diner.

Overall, I liked this book. It was overly amazing, or overly bad. It was quite ordinary, actually, but still, I liked this and will probably check the library for the next one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment