Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Reason to Breathe (The Breathing Series #1) by Rebecca Donovan



Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan 
★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 
Four/five stars
I appear to be reading one abuse book after another at the moment! Geez.

I stayed up til 10:30pm to read this. That may not seem late, but I am so sick. I was coughing my lungs up, but I kept reading. That is dedication guys!

This book was really good! The abuse wasn’t obvious at first until Sara, Emma’s best friend, comments on something. 

When Evan Matthews was introduced, I could practically hear everybody in the book (oh, and me!) swooning! Evan turned out to be bloody persistent, but in a good way. I liked the way it wasn’t a love at first sight thing, and Emma and Evan become really good friends for almost a year before anything. Although, you could feel the sexual tension between them…

I enjoyed Sara as a character! She was the ultimate best friend to Emma, just what she needed. They were oh so different, but it worked. She also gave good advice.

I was confused about the mother part in the story. I hope in the next books that becomes clearer, and maybe she can come back and Emma can open up to her. Maybe. 

George and Carol. I am ashamed to be nicknamed George after reading this. God, what crawled up their asses and died. Carol was a stupid old bitch with a split personality. I really did feel for Emma for having to live with them and put up with Carols constant abuse.

The abuse… Oh my god. I could feel it. How could you possibly live like that? I found myself thanking my parents for being lovely and caring.. And not abusive! 

The romance was slow but good slow. It kept me on the edge of my seat!! I think what the author did was a good idea. Keeping it slow. Having both of them leave each other and have a break, made them both think so when they saw each other again.. Well… !! ;) 

The ending. What in Gods name was that. Holy shit. I need the next one now. Hurry up and get home mum so I can use your credit card!!

Overall, a really good book, that I really enjoyed. Finished it in one siting! Thanks again to Georgie for finding this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment