Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by Gayle Forman



Where She Went by Gayle Forman
★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 
Four/five stars
Where She Went is a beautifully written story about second chances. It is written in Adam’s point of view. His band, Shooting Star, is a world phenomenon. So, when Adam finds himself in New York for a couple of days, he is surprised to see Mia Hall doing a cello recital. When word flies around that Adam Wilde, Shotting Star’s lead rock star, is in the audience of Mia’s classical cello recital, Mia calls a security guard to bring Adam into her dressing room. 

After talking for a while, Adam and Mia split again. 
But then, fate brings the pair together again for a night in the magnificent city, New York. During the night, the pair re-visits questions and answers they haven’t thought about or said out loud for three years. 

Ok, I admit this book frustrated me in the beginning! OMG Adam, wake up! You love Mia. You always have and you always will! You have one night to make everything right, stop being so stupid and worrying about your bloody pills and cigarettes! And Mia! Dearest Mia, you love Adam. You love cello. You can love the both of them at the same time, remember? You did it for two years once.

But anyway, I really enjoyed the ending to this book. It gave me closure, yeah I know, bad choice of word! (Read the book and you’ll get it!). Pretty sure Mia and Adam will stay with me forever! I love music and I love reading. Perfect match! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment