Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Last Echo (The Body Finder #3) by Kimberley Derting



The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting
★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 
Four/five stars
In The Last Echo Violet has been hired by Sara. We follow Violet as she works with people similar to her. No one has quite the same ability as her, but together as a team, they unravel several mysteries. The Last Echo was totally and completely different from The Body Finder and Desires of the Dead, but Kimberley Derting still delivered a wonderful novel, full of suspense, drama and romance!
When we were introduced to Rafe in Desires of the Dead, I was scared that Derting was going to turn it into a love triangle. But thank God, she didn’t. Sure, there were some… things between Rafe and Violet, but Violet turned Rafe and his feelings down, and stayed true to Jay. Talking about Jay, where was he!? I missed him in The Last Echo. He has featured so much in the first two, that I found myself having Jay Withdrawals! Yes, he was featured in this book, but not a lot. The majority of the book Violet was working with her team, at the Center, sleeping or getting into trouble. 
Rafe. Rafe. Rafe. What can I say about Rafe? Well, personally, I think he is a bit of a dick. He can’t have obvious feelings for Violet, but still act like a douche and not tell her anything. God, I would’ve slapped the bitch! I am so glad Violet stuck with Jay… not sure I would have been able to keep reading if suddenly it was all about Rafe. 
“The Collector” was the case that Sara and her team were working on. He was a sick bastard that charmed girls he thought were “the one”, then caring for them, and killing them. Every now and then, we got a preview into the mind of “The Collector”. I was entertained as well as creeped out by these previews. He was a delusional man who needed to open his eyes and/or die. 
And, as usual, Violet finds herself in trouble. Biiiiiiiiig trouble. In this book, it was twice. I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat, wanting to scream at Violet to watch out!! And at her family members to look after her better! And, “SAVE HER JAY!”
I liked how The Last Echo finished. Overall, it was a great book filled with everything you want and more. Wasn’t my favourite BODY FINDER book, but it was good. The issues Violet always has at the end of the book wasn’t as exciting as the last two. I didn’t read the ending before bed because I was scared it was going to be scary and I would have nightmares. But nah, not really, Wasn’t that scary. Intense, yes. Suspenseful, yes. Crazy-scary-I-just-ate-my-fingernails, oh-my-God-she’s-gonna-die, nope.
So glad I picked up this series. LOVE IT! Cannot wait for the next book (and hopefully not last) in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment