Sunday, July 22, 2012

We'll Always Have Summer (Summer #3) by Jenny Han



We’ll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 

Four/five stars

****I didn’t want to have spoilers, so I’m sorry if it’s really confusing!! But it does make sense!****

Wow, this was such a good end to this series! In We’ll Always Have Summer, we get both Belly and Conrad’s point of views, which was perfect! In this book, it was finally time for Conrad. He was sick of sitting about watching Belly making mistakes, so he finally took his opportunity and told Belly everything.

Belly has grown up a lot since The Summer I Turned Pretty. She is nineteen and in college. She is also happily and totally committed to Jeremiah (In my opinion, the wrong brother, but whatever). But when Belly finds out an awful secret Jeremiah has been keeping, everything starts going downhill. So when Belly gives Jeremiah one last chance, what will happen?

I liked this book. It was interesting and had me constantly wondering what will happen next! I liked the story line, too. Belly’s mum, Laurel, is one hell of a woman! She was just so amazing in this book, and finally came through and backed out of her promise, just for her daughter, which was pretty painful for her. I missed Susannah in this. She would have been so amazing and helping out constantly with everything. Honestly, I didn’t really like Jeremiah in this. He did the worst thing a boy could do and he got away with it…at first! But still, it annoyed me. He was selfish and needy and was doing things just to annoy his jealous brother. He was quite a prick. Belly was strong willed and determined in this book. She knew what she wanted, and she got most of it. You win some, you lose some. But, she definitely made up for what she lost!!! Also, I totally and completely love Conrad. He was so amazing in this book! I want someone to fight for me the way he fought for Belly. I want a Conrad. 

The ending was perfect. I’m so glad things didn’t go to plan or else Belly would be living in some shitty rundown apartment with Jeremiah! I loved Susannah’s letter to Belly, it was so beautiful. Overall, it was a good story, better than the first two, and the ending was perfect! Surprisingly I’m kind of sad this series has ended. It was a nice trilogy and one day I might read another Jenny Han book.

No comments:

Post a Comment