Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fever (The Chemical Garden #2) by Lauren DeStefano



Fever by Lauren DeStefano

★ ★ ★ ★ 


Four/five stars
WHY WOULD YOU END IT THERE, LAUREN DESTEFANO!? WHYYYY!?

Well, I loved Fever! You know how you read a book and the ending just creeps up on you? You are so into the story that you don’t notice when BAM, suddenly it is over. 

Rhine and Gabriel have finally escaped the mansion. But at what cost? 

Fever followed Rhine and Gabriel on there ‘road trip’ across the country to find Rhine’s twin, Rowan. But of course, it is not a smooth ride. Before long, they end up in Madame’s crazy circus. I cannot believe the stuff that went down in this part of the book! Madame was crazy! A nut case! The dystopia world Lauren DeStefano created is beautiful and yet oh so horrible! The poor girls. 

After the crazy world of Madame’s circus, there is more travelling, heart break, mysteries and adventure. 

About half way through the book was when I really began to understand the name of the book, ‘Fever’. 

Poor, poor Rhine. I felt so sorry for her the majority of the book. 

And Gabriel! He seemed to be out of it for some of the book, but eventually he came through and became mighty Gabriel, “I will not let anything happen to you, Rhine.”  Yeah, right. What about the end Gabriel, huh? 

Anyway, it was a bit slow in the beginning, but I was mesmerised by the beauty of DeStefano’s writing. Gooood lord, I fell in love! Beautiful!!!!

I cannot WAIT for Sever! Ahh!

No comments:

Post a Comment