Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley



The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley 
★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 
Four/five stars
Okay.. Well. Hmm. 
I liked this book, I really did, I rated it 4 stars! But thankfully I liked it enough to not include the bad bits in my rating.

The dialogue seemed forced, awkward and unnatural. 

I think the relationship between Liam and Amber went waaaaaay too fast. Like, I understand that they have known each other forever, but still…One moment it was “you man whore!” the next it was “I love you too”. 

I liked Jake as a character. He was protective and kind. The rest of the characters.. Not so much. Liam was a bit of a dick. Amber was annoying. I couldn’t tell whether she was shy and popular or a slut and popular? Somehow I think she managed all of the above. Jake was overly protective but in a good way. After everything they, especially Amber, have been through, it was acceptable. 

The romance was stupid. I want romance to be sweet and beautiful, not hot, heated spare of the moment shit. I didn’t really enjoy that. But still, the “romance” was the thing that kept the book going. 

The ending, got my heart racing but still. Amber was stupid to walk in on the fight when she was told not to, especially given her circumstances. At least it ended badly for her, so she could live with the guilt I suppose. Amber was stupid AGAIN in the very end when she went to her dads. I would never be that stupid. And the very very end was cuuuuuute <3

The abuse was actually quite shocking… But… Bad.. It was poorly done. Especially considering I went from reading this to reading Reason to Breathe where the abuse was very shocking and very well done. 

This book was good.. Lacking lots and poor quality writing and shit grammar, but something about it was so good and addicting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment