Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Braces off!

So, this is not at all book related, but I just had to share it! I GOT MY BRACES OFF TODAY! Ahh, I'm so happy.

I used to have really... awful, scary, over-crowded teeth:



I didn't really care too much about my teeth. I mean, I still looked happy and smiled in every photo! I just didn't realise how bad my teeth were, until I got my braces on (11th July, 2011):
















After a couple of months, my teeth started straightening up! It was so surprising. It happened so fast. This next photo was taken late September, just a few months after first getting braces:



This next photo isn't a very nice one! But, it was about a year after I had gotten my braces. My teeth were so straight and I loved looking at them! I decided if I were to get my braces taken off in that moment, I would've been happy because they already look so good:



The top photo in this collage was taken the day before I got my braces removed. My teeth were so... perfect. So straight. I was very excited! My friend told me to smile really big and show all my teeth so she could take a photo!
The bottom photo was, obviously, taken after I had my braces taken off:


















So yeah! That was my journey with braces. 19 months. 19 exciting months. It was a pretty smooth ride. I didn't break anything, thank god. I had lots of fun with the rubber bands ;) Great for flicking people with :D
Here's the final photo of me. Taken straight after getting my braces removed. It took 2 and a half hours. But, in my opinion, braces are so worth the pain, the money and the time. I didn't exactly love them, but I was definitely a little bit sad to see them go.


8 comments:

  1. Hi Georgia!

    I followed your blog a while ago, and decided to nominate you for the Liebster Blog Award. Check out the details here: http://missfictional.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    By the way, congrats on taking your braces off! I still have a few more months...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)

    Ooh, bet you can't wait to get them off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, congrats on getting them off! It’s definitely a great relief, huh? I had mine removed a few years ago, and I agree. Those two years wearing them was quite an adventure. I mean, maintaining it and all, avoiding a lot of food and drinks that I loved. It was a long road, but definitely worth the effort. :)

    Randal Cole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting your braces off! I know it's been a couple of months or so already, so I hope you're no longer feeling a little tender around the mouth area. Were you prescribed retainers? Most patients who get their braces off usually are, especially if there was major change to the teeth.

    - Kristal Byrnes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I got a plastic retainer for my top teeth, but I also have a little wire on the back of my teeth, as well.

      Delete
  5. “…braces are so worth the pain, the money and the time.” – You’re definitely right with that, Georgia! A brace is a good investment. This will help improve your self-confidence to smile in front of many people. Hygienically, it is something that you have to deal with because having perfectly straight teeth is important to prevent food getting trapped in between them.
    -Wynnewood Dental Arts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Georgia, I'm not sure if you will see this comment as your blog post is a few years old. I would like to discuss purchasing the rights for the use of your images by a dental client. Please can you contact me to discuss - info@saksmanchester.co.uk Many Thanks SAKS Manchester

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Georgia, could you please make contact with us on ukdentalmarketing@gmail.com? We would like to discuss using one of your images for our marketing. Thanks. James

    ReplyDelete