Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Insanity (Asylum #1) by Lauren Hammond


Insanity (Asylum #1) by Lauren Hammond


★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 


Four/five stars


This book was so weird and confusing, but kind of good. Like, not well written good, more like blow-your-mind-out-of-your-butt good. My mind was in a frenzy after reading this. I’m going to try and write a review, but even after a few days, I’m still mentally scarred. 

Insanity is a book that will play with you. It will creep up on you, slowing, but surely. One moment, you’re starting, the next you’re finishing. So much has happened, but you don’t understand. You can’t function. Your brain hurts. This is what I was feeling when I finished it. I was sure I was going to be put in a mental asylum. Insanity was scary, mind blowing, sexy, romantic and intense. 

Adelaide, known as Addy, knows she’s not insane. She doesn’t understand how she ended up in the asylum, or why. Why isn’t she still lying under the willow tree with Damien? Where is her father and his drunken friends? Addy doesn’t remember anything; only that her father was crazy and cruel, her mother left her alone with him, she misses Damien and her new doctor is weirdly familiar. And why is her new doctor pushing her so hard to remember everything? Why is he fighting with her old doctor? And, most importantly, why does he dislike Damien so much? 

As mentioned before, this book was nuts. Crazy. Scary. Mind blowing. You name it! But it was good. I fell in love with the story and the characters, especially Addy. I just want her to get out of the asylum. She doesn’t belong there. She’s not crazy, right? I’m not totally convinced about Dr. Elijah Watson. He doesn’t quite seem legit, and he seems old; at least, way too old for Addy. Team Damien, thank you very much.

I can’t write anymore. You need to read the book to understand. It’s just so… weird. 

I’m glad I read the book, it was an interesting ride, indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment