Sunday, December 23, 2012

My #5


My Top 5 BEST Books of 2012

Hello everyone! I’m on Christmas holidays (6 weeks for summer, here in Australia)! I’ve been away so I haven’t been able to post reviews. I thought, before I start posting to reviews, I’d post my 5 Best Books of 2012 (Released in 2012). Here they are:

#1 The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

The Fault in Our Stars was an absolutely brilliant novel. It was my first John Green novel and certainly not my last! TFiOS was a punch right in the feels. It had realistic characters and it was blunt almost to the point of being rude, but John Green managed to pull it off (of course). I think everyone should read this book at least once in their life time. 





#2 Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Wow. Slammed was definitely a surprise. My best friend found it whilst scrolling through Goodreads and managed to convince me to buy it. It was my first Kindle book purchase. Slammed captured my heart right from the first page. It was amazing, heartfelt and beautiful. Read this with the second book, Point of Retreat ready and a box of tissues! 








#3 My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

I was so looking forward to this book. It seemed like the perfect summer YA contemporary romance, and it was. I finished this book in… about a day. It got me right in the beginning, and kept me right to the end! I think Huntley Fitzpatrick wrote a brilliant debut novel of first love and new experiences.







#4 The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

This book… this book was incredible. The writing was perfect, the characters were different and wonderful and the plot was epic. Everything about this book screamed perfect. I am so glad I read this book and urge everybody to give it a go, as well.







#5 The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

I started the Vampire Academy this year, around September. It took me a month to read all 6 of them and 2 of the Bloodlines series. I absolutely fell in love with both series’ and was devastated when I finished The Golden Lily. The Golden Lily was amazing! I completely and totally loved it. I was so sad when I finished it though, because uh…cliff hanger (!) and I had finished all the released Vampire Academy/Bloodlines books. That had been my life for a month and it was over and I have to wait until Indigo Spell. Anyway, The Golden Lily was so good, definitely one of the best books I have read in 2012.


Well, there you have it! My top 5 best books of 2012. I hope you liked my list and I hope it inspires you to read some of these books.

Also, Merry Christmas! I hope you all get lots and lots of books! 




No comments:

Post a Comment