Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Straight Line to My Heart by Bill Condon


A Straight Line to My Heart by Bill Condon


Three and a half/five stars

This was a very short but very cute book! It took me a mere couple of hours to finish it. I thought it was going to be a cute, very romantic love story, but it wasn't, not really. There was more to this book than meets the eye, and I was very pleased with it. Also this book was very Australian. The slang! So country town. I could hear the thick Aussie accent that I only hear in Maryborough and Logan. 

Tiff's finished school. Forever. Finally! It's what she's always wanted. But when her dream becomes a reality, what is she going to do with her life? Especially when her one true best friend drops a bombshell that will leave Tiff all alone. And her job is turning out to be a lot tougher than she thought. Then Davey enters her life and maybe, just maybe, he's the solution to her problems.

Tiff was a very average Australian country town girl; bored, with nothing to do except watch footy and job hunt. Tiff was passionate and kind. She cared about her "family" and her friends. I liked reading from her very Aussie point of view. It was new and refreshing and I definitely liked her as a character.

Two characters I really loved were Bull and Reggie. They were funny and had such a good dynamic together! I wasn't real sure about Tiff's best friend, Kayla, and still aren't. I didn't t really like her that much. I liked Bull's girlfriend, Zoe. She seemed really nice and she had good intentions towards Tiff, Bull and Reggie. I don't really know much about the love interest, Davey, but he seemed alright too.

The book was very short therefore making it hard to give a proper review about the characters. There was character development, but not enough to say whether or not I liked the character. I liked this book enough, but its length (or lack thereof) didn't allow the story to develop as I would have liked. Also, the book was very Australian and I think that many international people would have had a hard time reading this book. Even I had a hard time reading this and I am a native Australian!

No comments:

Post a Comment