Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Envy (The Fury Trilogy #2) by Elizabeth Miles



Envy by Elizabeth Miles

★★★★☆

Four and a half/five stars

I loved Envy! It was a very exciting story and there was never a dull moment. A close second to Fury, Envy was a perfect blend of mythology, romance, suspense and action. I loved every second! 

It's almost spring in Ascension, and the Furies are back. After promising to leave her alone, Em thinks she's safe from the Furies, but she's wrong. She can feel them haunting her. She can feel something bad is about to happen. Something big, but she's not sure what. Why won't they just leave her alone?

Skylar has moved to Ascension, Maine from Alabama. She left behind a drunken mother and a permanently ruined family. She's determined not to be a loser, but to be at the top. The most popular, most beautiful, and the one everyone will envy most of all. So when gorgeous Gabby takes Skylar under her wing on her first day, Skylar is thrilled. She is even more delighted when she gets attention from beautiful Meg and her two beautiful cousins. But is popularity all it's cracked up to be? 

I enjoyed Envy a lot, but there was one thing that bothered me... And that was the ending. I was satisfied with Em's part of the story, but not at all with Skylar's. I understand cliffhangers and all, but nothing actually happened with Skylar, not like with Em. I don't know, it just annoyed me. I guess we'll have more Skylar in the next novel, but still. Apart from the ending, I totally loved this book. 

I loved Em in this. She was determined and focused and didn’t let popularity get in her way, which I totally loved. I loved the fact she still managed to find new friends, but kept a relationship with Gabby and co. There's one thing though... JD or Crow?!?!?!

I didn't really like Skylar much. She was a bitch only concerned with herself. She was trying to be like Gabby, but she turned out to be manipulative and evil. Her intentions were all wrong and how she went about getting her way was just downright horrible. I hope Skylar fully gets what she deserves in the next book in the trilogy.

I was excited, yet hesitant about reading this book because it had such high expectations to live up to. Fury was one of the first books I read in 2012 and is still one of the best. I remember being totally captivated by it and completely devouring it in one day. So, thank goodness, Envy didn't disappoint me. I cannot 
wait to see what the Furies have in store for us next.



(Special thanks to my beautiful best friend since birth for buying me this for my birthday. I love you so much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment