Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Kiss Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #2) by Jillian Dodd



Kiss My by Jillian Dodd

     

Five/ five stars!

*Stalk Me Spoilers*

While I wasn't completely blown away by Stalk Me, I was very excited for the release of Kiss Me! I was not disappointed. Kiss Me was everything and more. Dodd delivered a story full of the perfect amount of romance, boys and mystery. I've already fallen in love with Dodd's That Boy series and am so glad I was able to enjoy Kiss Me.

Keatyn has left her beach lifestyle, friends and family for boarding school… unfortunately, not by choice. She was forced to leave after she was almost kidnapped by her mum's stalker, Vincent. None of Keatyn's old friends know about her whereabouts and probably never will. So what’s the only good side of leaving everything behind? She gets to start fresh. She has a new lifestyle at an elite boarding school, new friends and most importantly new boys! But when keeping the secrets of her former life starts to get harder and harder, how will Keatyn cope? And when there are plenty of boys fighting over her and she doesn't know what to do, will it all become too much? Most importantly, which boy will Keatyn choose!?

I absolutely loved Kiss Me! I thought it was great. Jillian Dodd sure knows how to write hot, swoon-worthy boys! That's write plural, boys. Keatyn sure has a rather large line up of boys to choose from! No shortage for her! Share some, hey?

I liked Keatyn a lot more in Kiss Me. She was somehow more mature and I liked that about her. She wasn't acting like a child and she wasn’t worried about small, silly things. She had experienced a lot of difficult things for a girl her age and she was handling it surprisingly well.

One thing Jillian Dodd is very good at, is writing love triangles. In Kiss Me there are too many boys to count! But it works because Keatyn is working through them one at a time (god that sounds awful). The main boy in Kiss Me was Dawson. Sweet, sexy Dawson! I liked Dawson, I honestly did, but I’m still blinded by my love for Cush and Aiden. Sorry, Dawson, but you just don’t do it for me. I thought Dawson was actually really sweet and nice and sexy, but he wasn’t right for Keatyn. Even Keatyn wasn’t completely sure, and Dawson was aware of that. So, yeah, overall, Dawson was good, just not good enough!

The next important boy in Kiss Me was Aiden. I’m sorry every other boy in the world in Kiss Me, but Aiden is perfect. I am so team Aiden. Sure, he is temperamental but that is Keatyn’s fault! Keatyn was kind of leading him on, then she was all over other boys (that makes her sound like a slut but she’s really not). It was so clear how Aiden feels about Keatyn but she kept turning him down. In Kiss Me, she was purely focused on Dawson. It made me so sad, because it’s obvious how much Aiden and Keatyn both liked each other. I want Aiden to win Keatyn’s heart.

In Stalk Me, I was definitely team Brooklyn. Then, along came Cush and I was team Cush. Then both Brooklyn and Cush were assholes and I was confused. Then I was team Cush again and I totally hated Brooklyn. I would just like to put it out there that Brooklyn is indeed the biggest asshole. The scum of the earth. Dick head. Poo bum. Whatever you want to call him! I did not like Brooklyn at all and he was definitely not right for Keatyn. I understood that they both still wanted to be friends after their… issues, and that was ok. But when Brooklyn got Keatyn all excited in Kiss Me, when he says he wants to meet up, and then did the stupidest thing in the world of stupidest things, I hated him so much. Honestly. Brooklyn, I hope you die a horrible death, you are awful.

Thankfully, after all the dramatics and heartache in this book, there were no real scary Vincent scenes. Thank gosh! I don’t think my heart would have enjoyed that (I might’ve died). There is one scene, though, that had my heart racing and I was on the edge of my seat! It wasn’t that I was scared, it was the anticipation as to what was about to happen. It’s definitely safe to say that I do not miss Vincent one bit.

There was one thing I missed in this book, though, and it was the regular appearances of Keatyn’s family. I loved her cute little sisters and her cool mum and stepdad. It reminded me a little bit of my family, except for the little sisters. Keatyn’s mum, Abby, and stepdad, Tommy, still featured in the book occasionally, which was nice. Also the little sisters featured once and it was so cute! I also really loved Garrett. He should be counted as a part of the family because he really is awesome.

There were only a few things I didn’t like about Kiss Me, but they don’t matter that much because the good definitely out did the bad! I didn’t like the fact that there were so many characters, especially boys. It was sometimes rather confusing, but I guess I got over it after a while. The plot was quite jumpy. In fact, it was a bit of a strange plot. There wasn’t really any basic plot, but I can understand where the books are going, so its lack of actual plot was overlooked. Two other things that really annoyed me: the fact that Keatyn was spoilt rotten and how indecisive Keatyn was! In a fit of rage, Keatyn threw her iPad, and straight away Garrett just tells her he’s sending a new one. Like… she just threw her goddamn IPAD and he didn’t care. I guess money makes people do silly things. Indecisive Keatyn really pissed me off. I mean, I understand things are hard, but just pick a freaking boy for god’s sake!! Keatyn was really confused and her confusion confused me (see? How confusing was that!?)

Anyway, I thought Kiss Me was a lot better than Stalk Me and I absolutely cannot wait for the rest of the series to be released. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello! We nominated you for a blog award! Please check our link below for more details: http://littleblackbookbloggers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete