Saturday, September 1, 2012

Everything Left Unsaid by Jessica Davidson



Everything Left Unsaid by Jessica Davidson

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 

Four/five stars

Everything Left Unsaid was a beautiful, heart-warming book. I completely fell in love with everything about it. The story was amazing, heart-warming, but heart-breaking. I was laughing and crying. This book was an emotional rollercoaster. It was so unbelievably sad, and I loved every minute.

Juliet and Tai have been best friends for years. Their friendship and love for each other has always been strong. With their mutual love of music, beach-walks and energy drinks, they complete each other. When Juliet finally realises her true feelings for Tai, everything between them just gets better. Their love grows. Then, when the unthinkable happens and Tai is sick, how will they both cope? Is their love strong enough for even this?

Everything Left Unsaid left me a crying, blubbering, emotional mess. Tai and Juliet’s love story was beautiful. Although, there were some times when I could’ve wacked Tai because he was being silly, but I didn’t because what he was going though was enough.

I felt sorry for Juliet. She tried to be strong and bold, but really she just wanted to cry and cry and cry. She was losing the love of her life and no one really understood her pain. The only person she could talk to was Tai, and he was the problem behind her pain. Tai was… alright. I liked him in the beginning, but his illness turned him into something he was not. It was quite painful to read, from his POV and Juliet’s.

Overall, Everything Left Unsaid was a beautifully written contemporary. It was so sad, though. I knew this book was going to be emotionally draining, but I warn you, it is so much more. It’s emotionally draining and so touching. It was beautiful. I would recommend this to everyone. I loved it so, so much!

Also, the author is Australian and the book is set in NSW. That alone is purely awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment