Monday, October 1, 2012

Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna #1) by Kendare Black



Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ 

Four and a half/five stars


Wow! This book was amazing! I am currently in a state of shock, my mind has been completely blown. This was one hell of a story. Anna Dressed in Blood was creepy, spooky, scary, funny, magical and romantic. I am so glad I finally read this book!

Theseus Cassio Lowood, also known as Cas, is not your average boy. His father is a ghost killer and his mother is a witch. When his father dies the "family business" was left for Cas to continue. Together Cas and his mum constantly travel to seek the dead. When Cas gets a tip off by a friend about a ghost nicknamed “Anna Dressed in Blood”, Cas is skeptical about the story surrounding her, but takes the job anyway. Before long, he and his mother are packed up and on the road to Thunder Bay. In Thunder Bay, Cas learns a lot about Anna faster than any other ghost he has had to deal with. He quickly learns that Anna is not your usual ghost. What's different about her and why is this unusual mission so hard for Cas?

This book was fantastic. It had a perfect amount of creepiness, suspense and romance. The novel was also very, very, very well written. I was captivated by the story line as well as the beautiful writing. 

Cas was a good character. He was strong and brave. He maintained his father’s legacy whilst looking out for his mother. I think most of all Cas was just very courageous.

Anna was beautiful. I loved her from the very first minute she was introduced into the story. She was scary and dangerous, but beautiful, kind and soft spoken. Anna will always be one of my favourite female characters. 

This story was breathtakingly beautiful. The descriptions, the writing and the twists and turns were brilliant. I loved this so much. I look forward to reading the next book in the Anna series.

No comments:

Post a Comment