Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Entangled by Cat Clarke



Entangled by Cat Clarke

★ ★★☆☆

Three/five stars


I didn’t understand half of this book, especially the end. Not saying I didn’t enjoy it, because I did, mostly. It was just… very difficult to follow and rather confusing. I loved the fact that it was set in England! I love anything to do with England. Entangled was a good book, just not the book for me.

Grace’s life is falling apart. She’s got alcohol and is going to finally end all of the pain and the suffering, when she meets a boy. No, not the usual type of boy, who saves her and they fall in love, just a boy. A boy who is there, but not really. A boy who listens to Grace’s ramblings.  A boy who Grace vomits on. A boy who kidnaps Grace. He is a mystery and Grace just can’t seem to figure him out. She has a thousand questions running through her mind, but no answers. Why? How? Can Grace find a way to get out of this awful mess?

I liked Entangled. I really did. I liked the idea. I enjoyed the beginning, but somewhere between the middle and the end, the book just lost me. It became predictable and weird, and it confused me. I really tried to understand it and love it, but I just couldn’t. There was hope for the book, then the end happened. I had no idea what was going on. The thought going through my head was “what just happened”. The end lost me and lost the book stars.

I didn’t really like any of the characters. They were all meh. Grace was a bit of a bitch and whined heaps. Sal was alright, not a very good best friend. Nat was meh; didn’t like him much.
This book had so much potential, but it just lost me. Really wish I enjoyed it a lot more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment