Saturday, April 6, 2013

The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave #1) by Rick Yancey



The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

DNF

I’m a big lover of contemporary books. I love paranormal every now and then and I enjoy dystopian books. When I read the blurb for The 5th Wave on Goodreads, I thought I wouldn’t like it. I knew it wasn’t my kind of book. Then I read the blurb again on Netgalley, and I thought, wow, this looks good, maybe I will enjoy it! I made a split decision to step outside my comfort zone.

I’m really not at all surprised that I’ve decided not to finish this book. I’m only 26% in and I’m quitting.  It took me a while to get into, but I enjoyed the first bit of The 5th Wave. I thought it was interesting and I loved the snarky, sarcastic tone of the protagonist. But then I got to 24%, “Wonderland” and I lost it. I got confused and I didn’t like the sudden change.
I didn’t think this book was a bad book. I thought it was incredible. But it just wasn’t the right book for me.

*Thanks to Penguin Books Australia and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read this book*

No comments:

Post a Comment